Today is my last day being 25. I did so much traveling over the last year that I wanted to share some of my favourite travel experiences by making a list of 25 highlights from my 25th year.
1. Left my 9-5 downtown Toronto office job (Bye Canadian Winter).
2. Made a quick trip to Chicago (Didn’t see Oprah… womp womp).
3. Moved to the Gold Coast, Australia.
4. Made some new friends.
5. Made some new human friends.
6. Went to the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and held a Koala.
7. Visited Tangalooma Island Resort on Moreton Island and fed wild dolphins.
8. Snorkelled the man made reef’s of Moreton Bay.
9. Went home to Canada for Christmas. The squirrels were excited to see me….
10. Spent 6 action-packed hours in the Japan Airpot (Seriously! There’s actually so much to do there.)
11. Learned to surf. I managed to stand up and not get eaten by a shark
12. Celebrated Australia Day!
13. Started a small weekend ice cream sandwich business in Australia called CHIP Gourmet (check it out www.chipgourmet.com.au).
14. Visited Brisbane and had drinks outside in the middle of a cyclone. Despite the smiles I don’t really recommend this…
15. Visited Brisbane’s Eat Street Market and tried EVERYTHING (Yes that’s a maple bacon cruffin).
16. Took a day trip to Mt. Tambourine. Meant to spend the day hiking but ended up spending most of the day at the Beer and Cheese factory (oops).
17. Visited Melbourne and explored the graffiti alleys.
18. Toured the Australian Open Grounds.
19. Went to Luna Park in Melbourne.
20. Ate a Chin Chin in Melbourne and got the Feed Me Menu (seriously this place rates #1 on the list of best restaurants I’ve been to!).
21. Went on the Great Ocean Road tour and didn’t get blown away.
22. Visited the Sydney Opera House
23. Snorkelled in the Great Barrier Reef with Sunlover Reef Cruises.
24. Went to the Cooly Rocks festival in Coolangatta and Tweed Heads.
25. Spent way too much time on the beach
Well thanks for reading my very first blog post! If you want to know more about any of the places mentioned above write a comment below. I’ll also be posting more in detail about some of these places in my upcoming blog posts so stay tuned!